Employer Tax ComplianceOne of the major threats to the employer is non-compliance with federal and state tax agencies. The improper handling of payroll taxes can and has resulted in heavy penalties, fines, interest and prosecution for the business owner.
As part of the co-employer relationship, Trigon will deduct the proper federal and state taxes from the employee's paycheck and deposit the funds in a timely manner with the necessary agencies.
Both federal and state agencies require monthly, quarterly and/or annual returns. Trigon's professional staff will ensure timely and accurate filing of all taxes.
Federal, State and Local Tax DepositsTrigon will deposit all taxes withheld on a semi-weekly basis.
Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Withholding ReturnsEmployer/Employee tax liability is shifted to Trigon because of our co-employment relationship, saving the business owner the time and responsibility for these required returns.
W-2'sTrigon issues W-2's and required W-3 for any employees that received wages through our service during the calendar year to the necessary state and federal agencies.
State Unemployment Tax ReturnsTax Payments, tax returns and claims through Trigon's unemployment account number removes the client's exposure to higher unemployment tax rates.
State Audits and ComplianceWith a co-employment relationship, the state and federal agencies will perform audits on Trigon, not the client company.
Latest "Tax Compliance" Articles
- Department of Labor Looks to Level the Playing Field
08-04-2010 3176 Views 0 Comments
- The Benefits of Employee Leasing
05-07-2010 3517 Views 0 Comments
- Healthcare Reform Update: Small Employer Tax Credit
04-08-2010 3272 Views 0 Comments
- Interview with Sales Manager Mike Plowman on Employer Tax Compliance
03-12-2010 2891 Views 0 Comments
- Arizona Tax Credits: New Employer Withholding Law
02-09-2010 2901 Views 0 Comments
- Why Should I Hire an Accountant For My Business?
01-08-2010 2650 Views 0 Comments
- New IRS Initiative Giving Rise to More Employment Tax Audits This Fall
08-05-2009 2845 Views 0 Comments
- Video: Can you be held personally responsible for Employer Taxes
07-27-2009 3095 Views 0 Comments
- Optimizing Your S Corporation Tax Breaks Through a Downturn
05-14-2009 2975 Views 0 Comments
- Accounting Basics - What is Income Statement?
04-20-2009 3244 Views 0 Comments
Related Articles | All Articles